Monday, September 15, 2008

yummy breakfast!

My mom saw this on a Paula Deen cooking show, we can't even remember what it's called, but it's probably one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten for breakfast.

Yummy Paula Deen Breakfast-

12 Frozen white dough rolls (they're just dinner rolls in the frozen section)
1 package *cook & serve* (not instant) butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter, melted
chopped pecans, optional

Place frozen rolls in a bundt pan or similar large baking pan (make sure it has high sides).
Sprinkle pecans, pudding mix, and brown sugar over frozen rolls.
Pour melted butter over it all, cover with plastic wrap and let rise overnight (or at least 10 hours).

Next morning: remove plastic wrap and bake @ 350* F for about 1/2 hour.


I half it when I make it since I'm only making it for two people. A dozen of these would be way too tempting to eat them all, haha! It works out just fine halved too, I just guess when the package of pudding mix is half way, but you could measure it too. I use a loaf pan to make mine in, but when you're making a full batch you really want like a bundt pan or a casserole dish, something that's deep enough for the dough to rise.

Here they are when you first mix everything together (I know it isn't pretty lol).


This is the next morning, after they've risen, and before baking.


And here they are after baking about to be devoured :D


I'm not sure what it is about that butterscotch pudding mix, but it makes such a delicious sauce for these. My mom said that she tried it with a vanilla pudding mix one time, but it just isn't as good as this. I've also used margarine when I've run out of butter but I must have this. It still works fine but doesn't blend into the sauce quite as well as the butter does, you end up having to stir it around quite a bit after you get the rolls out of the pan to get it to mix. It still tastes the same though ^_^

No comments:

Powered By Blogger