Tuesday, July 27, 2010

baby blocks



So I made these last weekend that we're going to give to Tony's cousin who is having a baby girl very soon. They took nearly an entire day and my shoulder was pretty upset at me, but I was feeling pretty inspired to do them so I wanted to get them done while I was feeling it. I think they came out really great, and I'm probably going to make more.



I included just this one closeup because the others came out a little blurry and I didn't feel like taking more pics at the time. I'm either going to make little booties to match or a blankie.

So now I'm trying to figure out what I could do on boy themed blocks instead of the flowers. So far all I can think of is maybe a shooting star. Like I could put trails instead of the vine and put a star for the flower. That's all I came up with so far though.

Now I've been working on this: zig zag quilt I've never actually completed a quilt that I've started yet. But this seems pretty easy and I'm breezing through it right now, already 3 rows in and I just started it today. I'm using mostly old fabric that I've never known what to do with and some clothing that Tony and I don't plan on wearing again but that we like too much to throw out. So far it's blues, greens, black, and white, and I think one grey. I'm going to need to find a few more pieces to finish it though, and I'll definitely need to get something to cover the back... or... if I can manage to wrestle the black silky sheet away from the ferrets I could use that. But who knows, they've had it for quite a while now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger