Monday, August 02, 2010

crazy kitty and gardening

So this last weekend I worked on this crazy little pointy kitty guy:

This is where I found the pattern for him: pointy kitty pattern from this great site: wee wonderfuls site

I had a lot of fun poking around that site, there's lots of fun things to check out and great pics :)
I embroidered him a funny little mouth that I think fits him well, and had a couple great buttons for his eyes. Then after I attached the eyes I went over the thread with some green embroidery thread for that green cat eye effect, lol. And you can't really see it in the pictures, but I gave him little whiskers using some glittery thread that was 3-ply and seemed to fray exactly how cats' whiskers would look.

I also just finished those blue pillows that he's sitting on lol. Not that they're that much of a project but we needed them. King sized pillows do not work well on a futon bed :P

Other happenings this weekend included a couple quick garden pics. Here's the biggest watermelon!


I had to put a styrofoam plate behind it because it started growing so close to the fence that the fence was cutting into its skin. My mom gave me the idea to put something flat and sturdy to stop the fence from touching it and this is what I came up with. I just used some yarn to attach it to the fence. If I had to guess I would say it's probably a little over 5 pounds now. And for those wondering it is the Crimson Sweet variety. This is my first time growing watermelons and I'm getting quite excited for it to be ready!

And I had a surprise the other morning, one of the morning glories that I thought probably didn't make it produced a flower! :D yay! I'm hoping that it keeps going and makes a few more before the season is out.


That's it for now, I'm currently trying to scrounge up some more fabric for the zig zag quilt and probably going to be churning out a couple stuffed animals this week. I'm also trying to get some things stocked up to hopefully be selling on etsy soon!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger